Monday, March 14, 2011

New Lit - German Culture

I have decided to narrow down my “culture” search to German culture because I am fascinated with their country, all thanks to my grandpa and his love with Germany. From my search thus far on the Internet, I have found very fascinating facts and history that has shaped the German culture. To start, I will begin with their customs and traditions. I was extremely surprised to find out that many traditions I grew up with actually come from Germany. For example, the gingerbread houses I made from graham crackers and the nutcrackers I painted with my family both came from German stories. Even the Christmas calendars that have candy for each day of the month of December originally came from Germany! Aside from Christmas traditions, there are many Easter traditions we have taken from them as well. Although there are many differences between German and American culture, there are also many differences. One that I found interesting is that when German’s give carnations to other people, they symbolize mourning.

In order to relay everything I have learned about the German culture, I am going to use Prezi. Through Prezi I will add pictures and music to help teach about the culture. I spent some time on their website and I have learned how to very simply use the website in order to create my own presentation. They have many tutorials that I have watched, each teaching me new things and showing me tips on how to use Prezi.

No comments:

Post a Comment